This is the recipe for the gluten-free quinoa bread I make (it’s a flat bread). I normally toast it and spread it with butter or almond butter. It’s also good dipped it in hummus and can be used as a pizza base.
1 cup of uncooked quinoa
1 cup of water
Sea salt to taste (I like a large pinch)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Line a 12-inch round tray or similar sized baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
3. Rinse the quinoa and transfer it to a hand blender. Add the water and salt.
4. Blend until smooth (it should be a pourable consistency).
5. Pour the mixture onto the prepared tray and bake in the oven for 15mins.
6. Take it out of the oven, turn it over and put it back in the oven another 10-15mins until golden.
You can get creative and add other ingredients for more flavour if you wish. Sometimes I make it with carrot or beetroot pulp leftover from juicing (use ¾ cup of quinoa to ¼ cup of carrot/beetroot pulp along with the 1 cup of water). The picture on the right is bread I made with carrot and beetroot pulp, ready to go in the oven.